Saturday, June 29, 2013

The Daddy Dance

Surprise! This one isn't entirely about Heidi Anne!! However, if you want a cute story, read on.
Be Kind-Rewind:
When I was about Heidi Anne's age my dad was in the Air Force. I keep trying to find this one picture of me. I'm wearing my Dad's beret hat, (complete with 80's fantastic dress), and you can tell from the picture I had been doing some sort of dance. I think it's one of my favorite pictures, in my minds eye I see it clearly.

Anyways, I see a few of those nights perfectly. Every time my dad would come home I would run to the door (Which is why I bet there was a guard gate by the front door). I would block my dad's entrance into the house by standing right behind that gate. I would jump up and down shouting "Do the Daddy Dance!" "Do the Daddy Dance!"

The dance was really the march he would do during a changing of the guard. But to a little girl, those crisp moves, precision steps, it looked like a dance. He would always do it for me.
Fast Forward:
A few weeks ago Heidi Anne was dancing to the radio. A song called "Dance, Baby Dance" came on. I was moved to tears. I thought about how life was coming full circle. How it's my little girl that wants to dance. I think she knows her parents aren't the best at dancing or she just loves to perform, but here are pictures from that day as well as the song. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6utWTErvN_0
It's amazing what a you can remember from your childhood. It's scary to, because you never know what parts they will recall once they are parents themselves. I'm happy to have the Daddy Dance as one of those memories I retained.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi