Monday, June 3, 2013

Heidi Anne Pre-K Graduation - (Almost Done With Being Little?)

Pre-K Graduation
Heidi Anne just had her preschool finish for the year. Her Pre-K teacher has been a wonderful, adjusting to the kids needs, pushing them, encouraging them, she has a talent for encouraging children to stretch their limits without pushing them over the edge. (I will upload a little video onto Facebook-Blogger won't let me upload it.)           
      
Heidi Anne has been so excited for this program for a few reasons:
1) It's like being on "stage" where she can show everyone what she's learned "Just like Ballet!"
2) She's worked soo hard on it with the other kids and their teacher
3) Now that she's done with Pre-K she gets to go to the big kid school this fall. As she called it, "Momma, this means I'm almost done with being little! Now I am going to be a big girl!"  
(Insert the sound of my heart breaking as I realize my only little girl is growing up). 
Presenting Graduating Class of 2026 / 2027
Throughout the school year her teacher created a binder for each child containing of all crafts, poems, songs, or stories the children have worked on throughout the school year. For example, back in September they learned some poems about fall, thus there is a pretty picture Heidi Anne worked on with the poem about pumpkins. It's well organized, including various pictures from their field trips and an adorable class photo taken the last day of school. Heidi Anne says she is going to keep it forever and ever. I love it because it's all her work in one easy binder.
The Alphabet Song
Heidi Anne pretty much has every story or poem in the book memorized. Nonetheless, that doesn't stop her from "reading" it to us. She'll get her book, climb up on my lap, with the brightest smile she'll say, "Guess what Momma? I want a story but I am going to read my story to you!" If given the chance she shows it off to anyone, I seriously mean anyone. She'll take it outside with her to read by herself, if she sees someone walk past our house she'll offer to read to them. (Now we're trying to teach her stranger danger...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi