Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Heidi Anne's First Ballet Performance

Just finished her first performance and got her bouquet
Heidi Anne had her first ballet performance last night. She was so deeply saddened that Daddad had to miss it. 

(Char now works nights from 3:00pm - 12:30 AM, since he will now have class from 10:00 AM - 3:00pm.). Translation - he gets to sleep here a few hours a night and eat breakfeast with us-back to feeling like a single mom. That was a tangent....)

She had rehearsal at 4:00 pm that afternoon. I was worried about her reaction to practicing on a theater stage and not in her dance class studio.

I wanted to give her a rose for her performance - but have you seen the cost of those things?? While she was at rehearsal I went to an abounded house I pass by on our way to her pre-school. She loves the tulips and daffodils in the field. I picked a few of them and made a little bouquet. I kept it a surprise.

She was jumping up and down when I picked her up from practice. She loved how big the stage was. She clapped her hands together and said "Oh, Momma! I can't wait until you see my pretty dance, I am going to have PERFECT pointed tippy toes. You need to feed me a good healthy dinner so my legs don't get tried or cranky. Oh, my hair needs to be in a bun." 
Trying to blow a kiss - NOT Duck Lips....

My Bun-30 minutes later and DONE
Make up, hair, and tiara 











The "healthy dinner" was some sandwiches, an orange, and juice. Now the bun was a bigger issue. Her hair is so long, I kept trying to put it up. I tried different things suggested on Pintrest. Nothing would fully stay put. I ended up doing 2 braids and putting her hair in a knot. I hid all the bobby pins with the black ribbon. It was quite the feat. We decided to have some fun and put on a little make-up. She wanted a picture of her with her ballerina tiara to "Get her into Proper Balance Princess Thoughts."  I believe that translated to getting herself mentally prepared for the show. Who could say no? 
The performance was more like a recital. All the classes got to show what they've learned this year. Everyone from the little kids in pre-ballet to the teachers showing what a Prima Ballerinas can do
After two dance classes, the third group began to walk on stage. Well, 1 little girl, with perfectly pointed toes walked from one end of the stage to the other, making sure to stay on the line, not a single misstep was made. The audience noticed, clapped, and cheered the girl. I was high up in the balcony seats, clapping for that little girl and giggling to myself. About half-way across the stage I realized that it was Heidi Anne! Once she got to her spot, she got into First Position, and then waved to the rest of her class to join her on stage. 

She said she told the other girls "Come on guys! Get out here." I think she did a wonderful job. Yes, there were little missteps, stumbles, but no one really fell. It was how you would think 10 little 4-5 year old girls dancing for an audience for their first time would dance. Cute, adorable, and the crowd was in chuckles.
One of the sweetest things I noticed were the little kids backstage waiting to go on stage next. The little girls would watch from behind the curtains as the ballerinas on pointe did their performance. The little girls would mimic the footwork and hands they knew as the pointe girls did their show.  It was touching to see those little girls were just a yard and yet years away from reaching their goal. 
As soon as I found her after the show she ran to me gave me a hug. Then jumping up and down she said "Momma, I LOVED being on stage! I made people laugh and clap. Everyone got to watch my ballet! I loved it soooo much! When am I going on stage again? Can it be....."she trailed off  in mid sentence she finally noticed the flowers I've been holding the whole time. (I thought "SQUIRREL" as soon as it happened). 
She sweetly smiles and says "OH-Look pretty flowers! Who are those for?" I told her, "They are for my pretty Ballerina Princess Heidi Anne." She was so excited, "Now, I'm like a real ballerina, I got flowers."

On the car ride home she kept saying how pretty her bouquet was. Many thanks to the abounded house for the lovely flowers. It was the icing of the cake for my little 4 year old Heidi Anne's first debut on stage as a ballerina. 

We were just told she can start Level 2 ballet. Not even 5 years old and she's ready for level 2 ballet class!  Sadly, we may be out of Logan by then, who knows. If you know of any good ballet schools in Davis / Weber county - let me know. I don't want her talent to go to waste.

1 comment:

  1. My sisters were in dance and their studio would have the LOOOOOOONGEST recitals. I always loved when the little kids came out because they were so fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi