Saturday, May 4, 2013

Autoimmune Adventures: Have Fun with "Down Days"

Life in general has ups and downs, life with autoimmune disorders has up and down days. Normally, you get invited to a party and you mark the calendar and you're set (you just have to remember it).  With autoimmune issues, you ask 21 questions about the party, mark it on your calendar, hope and pray you don't  get sick and that everyone else stays healthy too.

For today I had made plans with Heidi Anne. We planned on going to Home Depot to do one of their Kid Workshops, come home, make lunch, and have a fun afternoon at the park with a little picnic. FUN!

I woke up at 6:30 am. In PAIN. So slight change in plans. Since I couldn't sleep anymore, everyone got up earlier then planned. Char made breakfast. After the pain meds kicked in I decided if Heidi Anne and I went to the kid workshop earlier then we planned, we would be the crowds and get help from the workers there if we needed it. There was a very nice gal who helped Heidi Anne put her project together. 

We got home and I could tell we weren't going to make it to the park. I got out the paints. We painted the planter holders she had just made at Home Depot along with some other wood projects I had laying around. We did that for nearly 2 hours. 

Since we couldn't do the picnic outside, we did an indoor picnic. Complete with her pop up tent she got for Christmas. I love it, its the pop up tent that looks like an over-sized laundry hamper, folds right up taking no space-she loves it because it has Disney Princesses, I love how I can set it up one handed. Then we ate. 
Next we had quite time, which is any movie she felt like.  Somewhere between "Be Our Guest" we had fallen asleep, I guess that was more of a nap time. 

It just shows, you can still have fun on a Down Day - you just have to be able to make some adjustments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi