Monday, November 19, 2012

Tea for Three

As you may know, Heidi Anne is an only child, always has been and always will be. I always thought I would have three little kid, two little girls and one boy. But I digress.
Some things I have found about having an only child is there are many times when they can grasp when something is off with their parents, they try their best to be big kids (since Mom and Dad are the only other people in the house-who else can the mimic) on the flip side there are  times when they need you to get on the floor and just play games together. Often, you're their only option for a playmate.
Yesterday was just such a day for us. We've just had a series of unfortunate events. Since Momma and Daddad are stressed she has become distressed herself. I saw my little 4 year old soothing and telling Ana Rose (her dolly) that everything will be okay. I decided she needed a playmate right then. Something or someone to take her little mind off things.
I announced that we were going to have a Tea Party with an Indoor picnicking for lunch. She got so excited  She got Ana Rose nicely dressed, put on her best set of beads.
Once that was done we gathered our treats. We made a fruit and sprite mix for our tea, we had jelly beans and smarties in a bowl, and some little Kisses like mini cupcakes.

We spent over an hour having our party. We talked about her friends, her favorites (color, movie, favorite NOT a Disney princess movie). As I took another sip of  the V8 with Sprite "tea", all decked out with beads, funny ponytails she did for my hair, and asking me in a most serious voice "Momma, would you like more of the blue jelly beans? Or the pink Jelly Beans?"
In a high society tone of voice (which she giggled at) "Why, thank you child. I would like both beans. The blue and the pink if you could be so kind".After she finished her giggles she said, "Great!! I HATE the taste of the pink and blue ones!  "Well, I Never!" 

We had our Ipod playing and a song called "Never Grow Up" Came on. It couldn't have been better then if it was planned. So my little Heidi Anne, this was the song that you sang so well and brought me to tears. Heidi Anne, just try to never grow up.

Your little hand's wrapped around my finger
And it's so quiet in the world tonight
Your little eyelids flutter cause you're dreaming
So I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light
To you everything's funny, you got nothing to regret
I'd give all I have, honey
If you could stay like that

Oh darling, don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up, just stay this little
Oh darling, don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up, it could stay this simple
I won't let nobody hurt you, won't let no one break your heart
And no one will desert you
Just try to never grow up, never grow up



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi