Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Heidi Anne + Snow + Me = A Chilly Adventure

Last Friday night (as in the 10th) we had our first big snowstorm of the new year. Saturday morning we had a beautiful sunny day with 6 inches of snow. Heidi Anne did what any other child would do. She grabbed her coat, her new snow boots, (which she picked out because they are pink with princesses and they light up when you stomp really hard). Before I knew it she was all bundled and jumping up and down with the most excited face I have seen in a long time. "Momma! Can I go outside and make snow angels? Please, Please??" How could anyone say no to that?

Out she went. First thing she just walked around making a circle. She carefully inspected the pretty flower impressions her snow boots made. Immediately, she made another big circle to make more pretty flowers. After a few little trials she wanted to know what "pictures" my shoes made. I got on my mittens and a jacket to go play in the snow with my little girl. 
My boots make flowers
We decided quickly that my shoes made boring wave with oval designs. Heidi Anne came up with a game of making a snow picture, but you had to only use snow and it couldn't be a snow man. "That's easy enough," I thought to myself. "I will just grab a stick and draw a stick figure in the snow". As I drew my lovely stick girl, a lovely triangle with 2 arms, 2 legs, 2 piggy tail strands of hair, with a big smile to top it off. 
Your shoes aren't Pretty Momma
She inspected my work and told me "Momma, it's nice but you didn't listen to me. You can't draw the person. See look at my snow picture." Her snow picture was a cat named Audrey (I honestly have no idea where she gets these names). Audrey the cat was a pile of snow pressed together to make a 3D snow cat. 
Making Audrey the Cat 
Heidi Anne wanted to show me how to make “good” snowballs and have a snowball contest. She explained the rules to me;
Making a "Good Snowball"

1) You have to make 3 pretty circle snowballs
2) You have to throw your ball really, really far
3) You have to make it SMASH (My friend Cori, would be so proud of that rule) when it hits the ground, a fence, a tree, ect.
4) If you snowball doesn't break when it hits something that means you made it to hard and someone could have been hurt
5) If you throw the ball at a car, any person, or any animal on purpose, you lose and you have to stay on the stairs in time out. 
See her snowball about to SMASH
I must confess, she beat me at every round. I couldn't throw far enough, my snowballs weren't pretty, and they wouldn't smash for the life of me. So I did what any other good Mom would do. I said "Who wants hot chocolate?" Hey, if you can't beat them, make them forfeit.

Who Wants Hot Chocolate?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi