Sunday, May 1, 2011

Momma's Goal # 390-To Keep Having Momma Goals

Now this may seem like a perplexing goal-but bear with me....
Roughly 6 weeks ago I was given a scary diagnoses-to sum up 6 weeks and tons of lab work-basiclly, what they've been doing to help treat my hospital scare in August from reoccurring has had some adverse side effects. About 3 weeks ago, I was told that I seemed to be on the mends. Talk about a sigh of relife. Then a few days later I was told, "Sorry, you're not improving". Talk about popping someone's bubble.
Currently, everything is still up in the air. The doctors aren't sure what is the cause for the issues, but they are testing me for everything under the sun (which makes me wonder-after how many opinions is it no longer a second opinion?) When I say they are testing me for everything I mean everything-from scorpion poisoning (I am pretty sure I would remember THAT-but who knows) to lab work the hospital in the Valley had never even heard of. They had to look it up to find it out. (It was some weird genetic test).
All I can say is I'm blessed, I love my life. We were talking about this over the last few days, if there are any regrets, anything I would change or redo. And you know what-I love my life, and I am going to keep living it.  I refuse to put my life on hold because of a little detour. 
I love where I work and what I do-to me it's fun! I know it may sound dull to people when I explain what I do-but I rather enjoy it. I love the time I spend with my family, especially when I get together with my sisters' family-and we do activities together that the girls will have fun with and hopefully remember and cherish as they get older. (If nothing else-it makes for cute stories and pretty pictures).
I love my time with Heidi Anne or my lunch dates with Char. Or just our evenings at home. I know we don't do "big" advetures per se, but I love it! Ever since my August scare I've really loved each day, because it's been a second chance, I think when all of this is said and done, I'll love it even more-because I already am.
So why write down a goal? You're more likely to accomplish it if it's written. And if I'm not my normal perky self once and awhile-you know why. It's not you, it's me. ;D (Who hasn't heard that before?)


PS. I got my hair cut-do to some of the meds, it caused me to have a lovely mullet that I've been hiding with a ponytail and bobby pins. Anyways, After I got it cut the first thing Heidi Anne said as soon as she saw me was "Silly Momma, Your hair is a boy!!" She kept muttering to herself  "Silly Momma, got boy hair." 

1 comment:

  1. Melisa, I don't know what to say. Thanks for being my friend and being who you are.

    ReplyDelete

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi