Saturday, October 31, 2015

3 Days of Halloween

Most children get to live Halloween once a year. Not Heidi Anne, she got 3 days of Halloween - complete with a different costume a day. Every child's dream. 

The 29th
Heidi Anne's school Halloween party was today. She went as Minnie Mouse. Her favorite part was getting makeup on. I had to get her brighter make-up since she's about 5 skin tones darker than me. My make-up doesn't even show up on her. The school had a parade that parents could attend. Unfortunately, I was having a bad morning sickness day and Rory was teething. 

Yes, I meant to get a picture of her blinking so you could at least see the make-up job I did. Oh, and the nice touch of white gloved hands - very Minnie like. 

The 30th
The day before Halloween all the stores on Downtown Main Street hold a Trick-or-Treat for the kids in the area. However, rumor has it they run out of candy so quickly. I don't normally believe rumors but once a variety of stores started asking for candy donations I knew it was true. I broke it to Heidi Anne that we wouldn't be doing the Main Street.
Luckily, our church was doing a fun trunk or treat, which would more then make up for it. Until I had another horrible morning sickness day (apparently, I spoke to soon when I claimed smooth sailing in the post before this one). Anyways, a friend from church took her along where she had a blast. She wanted to be something different from the day before. Tonight's choice was (drum roll,please) a cowgirl. I know you're thinking comp-out, but she loves being a real life cowgirl. 
Oh, here is Rory slightly dressed up as Frankenstein's Monster. Yikes, there goes his outfit for tomorrow, no pictures are needed. 

The 31st -"REAL" Halloween
This time Heidi Anne wanted to be Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz. She wore a gingham dress that my Granny made for me when I was about her age. Her hair just doesn't seem to hold curls very well, nonetheless, I think it worked out. 
She got some special all to herself Daddy time. He took her around the neighborhood to trick-or-treat. Then she got to hand out candy to the kids who came to the house. She would say things in a higher pitched voice like, "What a lovely costume." Or "Oh my, who do we have here?" I believe she had more fun handing out the candy than getting it. 
Rory didn't go out this year. He developed a nasty cold and began growing tooth number 2. Besides, all of the candy he could have gathered would have gone to Heidi Anne, (who didn't need more candy.) I still had to commemorate his first Halloween. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi