Sunday, October 4, 2015

Did I Mention Rory?

I feel horrible, I realized that there aren't any posts about Rory! But the time Heidi Anne was his age, well...I had 6 months x 4 weeks = at least 24 posts. Can you tell he's a second child? Well, no more. I will keep up on Rory like I did with Heidi Anne.

Newborn


Well little Rory was born one month early (just like Heidi Anne). I'm working on a post for his birth, which involved an emergency c-section. Fingers crossed it'll get done before his birthday.






5 Months
Here is Rowan with his cousin G. They are two months apart (Rory is the older one). I think they'll be great friends as they grow up. 
He said his first word this month, "Hi, Hi" which means Heidi Anne. She was thrilled that she was her baby brother's first word. 

6 Months
Here is a picture of Rory at his doctor appointment. He is now 16 pounds, 27 inches long, and a head the size of an 8 month old.  Which translates to being long, thin, and top heavy. Side note, he had a rough time after his shots.
Right now he can say "Daddaddad", and he says it in an excited voice with a bit of a squeal. Normally, it's when he's having fun or looking for it. Also, whenever he sees Char. 

He can say "Mawma, Mawma", which he says anytime he sees me. It tends to have a note of sadness to it. He cries out Mawma whenever he's in trouble, hungry, needs a change, ect, anything mommy fixes. Char says Rory just sounds like he's looking for comfort and not full of sorrow. 
He also says "Roar", which is so fun. I love playing with him and hearing his "Roar" followed by a fountain of giggles. It's like I just missed out on the best joke he'll ever tell. I adore this little happy boy of mine. 

While he can't sit up on his own yet, he gets around in other ways. First he rolls around or scoots around. It's like I blink and he's on the other side of the room somehow. 
I must mention the stationary walker / exerciser. We got it at a yard sale for $10. He LOVES it! He has fun; going in circles, bouncing, standing up "alone", and playing with the different toys. Best $10 ever spent! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi