Saturday, November 21, 2015

Oh The Things Heidi Anne Thinks

Heidi Anne has been a funny girl lately. I think some of it is we have one on one time now that Rory goes to bed before her. As a result, we've had some very interesting conversations.

Heidi: Mom, If I were Siri I would wait for someone to ask me "Why is it called a hamburger when it isn't made of ham?" I would answer in the mean Siri voice "For...A...Reason!" 

Heidi: Why are John Deers all green? 
Me: (Very confused), What?
Heidi: (Long sigh) Mom, there is a type of deer that is very popular here. They are green and called John Deer. Why are those deer green?
Me: Oh, those deer. Did you know they can also be yellow? 
Heidi: Really? Green and yellow deer live in Wyoming? I love it here! 
Me: Finally told her the truth about John Deere and pulled up some pictures online thanks to Google. 

Heidi: Mom, is Hello Kitty of the Devil?
Me: No, Hello Kitty is not the Devil! Why?
Heidi: Because a girl at school said Hello Kitty is of the Devil. (Long pause) Sooo if it's not evil, does that make Hello Kitty Jesus? 
Me: No! Hello Kitty isn't Jesus! Hello Kitty is just Hello Kitty!
Heidi: But Hello Kitty is good, right? 

The other night I was tucking Heidi Anne into bed. Prayers were said, a book had been read, she was drifting off to sleep when she suddenly sits right up. 
"Mom!" She yells in a hushed voice.
"What?" I reply in the same tone.
"Don't roll over onto your tummy when you sleep. Like ever!"
"Why?" I asked in a puzzled voice.
"Because I don't want you to squish the new baby in your tummy at night. Love you!" With that she dropped off the face of the earth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi