Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Sitting, Teething, and Chicken Pox

Rory spent this month learning to sit up. He started out sitting alone from a few seconds to a minute. It became more of a game of chicken for me. "If / when do I save him from falling?" "Do I let him hold my fingers so he can sit up longer?" 
Now he can sit up by himself, even put his hands out for balance. I'm not sure of his limit. I'm still in shock what he's achived in less than 4 weeks - so I have the boppy behind him for my piece of mind.  
Rory is also cutting his first tooth (maybe teeth). Whenever I wonder how on Earth I forgot about the happy, fun time that is teething, I remember to cut myself some slack. It's been 7 years since I went though this and even then I was working. I didn't spend 24 / 7 with a teething baby Heidi.  
Rory is like an adorable puppy; extra drooly, gnawing on everything in sight (except for binkies or food), not sleeping, and abnormally cranky. I just got this cute picture after he had been given some Motrin before bedtime.    
Heidi had an interesting Fall Break. A week before her break we had the following conversation-
Me: What would you like to do for Fall Break?
Heidi: I donno, something fun. 
Me: Like what?
Heidi: Oh, like deer hunting.
Instead she spent it with chicken poxs. No friends, no park, no adventures. Just reading, coloring, itching, spots, and a mild fever. We found it odd to have chicken pox after being vaccinated 2 times against it. We just prayed Rory didn't catch it. I also found out that calamine lotion is impossible to find because no one needs it anymore. 




Her pediatrician wanted her to come in because her chances of getting chicken pox is 0.001%. So still a chance, but the likelihood of measles is much higher (and sadly more common) these days. Turns out she has a unique allergy to a bug bite that will happen anytime that bug bites her from now on. We can't pin it down since she pretty much lives outside and hangs around horses. 
At least she got to learn how to bathe a pony. Which she had a ton of fun doing. I love how she is learning not just how to ride but to take care of a horse overall. I just adore her teacher and recommend her to anyone in town. I can't wait for Rory to learn to ride.

So far this has been the easiest pregnancy by far. I'm guessing this is normal amount of nausaua. But I feel so much more exhausted. However, the 7 year old and 7 month old may have a hand in that regard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi