Friday, July 5, 2013

Cheater Camping-(Hint-We Had A/C)


About 2 years ago, we went to Driggs, Idaho with Char's whole family. It was back when I had liver failure and I had been given a expatriation date you could say. Well Heidi Anne LOVED it. Last year we took a day trip to Bear Lake, and in October we hotel camped at Bryce Canyon and visited the Grand Canyon 

These trips have been around her birthday. She started asking if we could really camp for her birthday this year. I blame the store for having a tent on display and for having really cute backpacks within reaching distance. She remembered that we got a tent for Christmas, which then made her want to go camping.

We decided to do an "Indoor Camp" during the 3rd / 4th of July. She was super excited watching Daddad set up the tent. I think we may give real camping a try while Char is out of school for his summer break. My friend, Valerie, is a veteran camper, who knows how to camp with almost no funds and with little kids. Oh Bonus- she knows all about my fun medical restrictions, which helps me to find places that will fit my needs).
Just a few years ago I wouldn't have dreamed of camping. However, this little girl wants to so much, how can I turn that down? Besides, it would be just for 1 night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi