Friday, March 29, 2013

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

Home Sweet Second Home
 So Sad it had to come to this". -Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.  

As no one really knows, today was my last day at my beloved Conservice.          

I have worked and grown up there for over 6 years. I wasn't even old enough to legally drink when I first started there. Now I have a little girl starting Kindergarten in the fall.

Why would I leave such a wonderful place? I still have that question nagging in the back of my heart. Logically, I've been going to school since January full time (for medical billing and coding, what can I say, I love billing) and working full time. My health has taken quite a hit and I just can't keep up doing both.
I love it there. I love the people I get to work with, the best summer of my life was while working there 2 years ago. I had a great team and this fun intern sat with us. I don't think you're supposed to have that much fun at work-but we did.
Sushi Foodie Date
It's the only place where your birthdays are fun again. Your friends and coworkers deck out your desk. Even the HR department gives you a gift card for ice cream.
My friend Cori's Bday
This is one of a few birthdays I got to celebrate with my friends / coworkers.
Halloween is awesome there. You can get candybars on your payday. The work is hard but it's fun.


So you can imagine I didn't really tell many people because I wasn't trilled about it. I kept thinking "Maybe some miracle will happen. Maybe my health will improve and I would suddenly become Superwomen, able to tackle any and everything". As of right now, no miracle. 

We've gotten to do so many things we'd never get to without Conservice. Heidi Anne got to do ballet, I developed some of my closest friendships with people thanks to my office. Some people sat at a desk next to me or could have been states away, doesn't matter, we're linked forever.
What do you say when you leave a place that has done so much for you, your family. They gave me opportunists I couldn't have even thought possible  Heidi Anne has grown up there. Some of the people there are true miracle workers, I won't say what they've done or how they have truly helped us in our darkest hours,  they don't do it for the glory, they just do because it's the right thing to do.
So while it may seem like I slipped out into the night without much warning, it's because I would have spent all week saying good byes to great friends, fighting back tears, and being bombarded with memories. I know it was the right time to go - but it doesn't mean I enjoy leaving it.

















"Don't be dismayed by good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends."-Richard Bach

1 comment:

  1. It should be so long and thanks for all the ice-cream :)

    ReplyDelete

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi