Monday, March 4, 2013

I Love Quilting


Here are some of the quilts I've been working on over the last few months. Since I am back in school I don't seem to have as much free time for some reason. 


This lovely quilt is a disappearing nine patch jean quilt. I made a similar quilt for my sister for Christmas. It's heavy and very warm. 


This is the top part of a memory quilt I am making for Heidi Anne. All of the fabric came from her old receiving blankets and crib sheets. The back of the quilt is a work in progress. It's a memory quilt from some  of my old skirts, some of Char's old shirts, and some outfits she wore that have some sentimental value. The dress she wore when she came home from the hospital, the shirt she wore when she took her first steps. Those little milestones captured in a quilt.


This was an experiment with left over scrapes it's called a charm quilt. It looks a lot prettier up close. I think this may be replacing the quilt below, once I finish it. 


Heidi Anne helped me pick the fabric for this quilt. Just a little something to hide the electric panel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi