Monday, March 11, 2013

Mac N' Cheese Musings

Okay, it's not the real Kraft Marconi when I say "Mac N' Cheese Musings" , it's the Kroger / Western' Family version, not that fancy Kraft kind. 

Anyways, as you may have guessed things are a little tight right now. Char works leaving around 8:00 am and then goes to school, coming home around 11:30 pm. I work and then go to school a few times a week mostly gone from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm, with Heidi Anne now my constant companion. For the first time in nearly 7 years I don't have my best friend around to help me. I can't just look across the room and tell him whatever thoughts come across my mind. Heidi Anne doesn't have her Daddad just a call away to come look at what she drew. 

Have you ever had a moment when it seemed like everything in your world changed? Like going through a revolving door, your just walking a few steps and BAM-somewhere else.
As Heidi Anne and I were walking to our car after picking her up from Suesue's, she gave me a big hug, looks up at me and says "Momma, I love having you to myself. You know magic words, you read to me a lot more, and you make me happy when I miss Daddad.  I love you." 
See-Revolving door. 

I realized for the first time since all of this craziness started she was right. Even if we've been living of Mac N' Cheese, sandwiches, top ramen (which I have learned tonight she has been loving this whole time, even if we're getting a little tired of it). She is watching her parents work insane hours, but still joke together and try our hardest to see each other, no matter how little sleep they've had. She sees us pray-the little prayer before I drive asking to not get in an accident with her in the car. I never noticed I did it until 2 weeks ago as I looked up in to the rear-view mirror to adjust it I saw her say "Amen". 
When I need a break, Candyland and Guess Who are the perfect games to play. All I have to do is count to 2 and identify the right color-honestly after hours of studying she has an unfair advantage. 
Hate the Pink Cards-Means I have to hunt for my spot...

Why am I posting this? Well, we have another 10 to 18 months left of this hectic schedule  Then who knows what after that. But the door keeps revolving and I have a little girl looking up to me even if I don't see it, she is always watching us. 
And to remind myself years down the road why is it I can only tolerate the Kraft Mac N' Cheese. 
Hint to future me - because sometimes name brand is just better and Kraft comes in fun shapes, who can bet that? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi