Monday, February 13, 2012

New Year Goal Update

One of my goals for this year is to make at least 24 pillowcases for the 1 Million Pillowcase challange (see http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/millionpillowcases/ ) 

It's been fun doing this project, I've been getting to practice quilting techniques while doing service work. Below are cases 4 and 5. I made the other ones, but when you make somethings around a child-you have to take into account they may fall in love with your project. 

4) I call this one my LSU Pillowcase. It has the LSU Gold and Purple checked trim with a green body. It looked like a football end zone to me. I think the Superbowl may have inspired that idea.

5) Heidi Anne helped me pick this one. It's a basic pillowcase with pink and purple lepoard print. 

This is the one that Heidi Anne helped pick out and then fall in love with. It's a princess case, with rickrack and pink trim. Oh that pillow is dragged everywhere she goes now.

These ones I made for fun for Char. Pretty tie dye with French (hidden) seams. Translation- I tried a new technique and he got the practice work. Fortunately they turned out really cool.
If anyone knows where I can get more cheap (but nice) fabric or pillowcase ideas, let me know. :-)
See I can make some cute cases, even with bits of fabric....

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi