Monday, January 30, 2012

The Games Heidi Anne Plays


Heidi Anne and Rapunzel

I love to listen and watch Heidi Anne play. When she is playing she says or does the cutest things, or makes the funniest observations about life in general. 

One of my favorites was when they were playing the "Hot / Cold" game at pre-school. You know, the game where you hide an object and say "Hotter, colder, hotter". When Heidi Anne's turn came she kept going in the opposite direction of the hidden item. So Susan (the teacher) kept telling her "Cold, cold, it's cold, it's so cold." Heidi Anne looked at Susan very seriously and said "Susan, if you are cold, put on your jacket." 
Singing and Dancing with Tangled

I love it when little kids get an idea and it's not 100% right. For example, she likes to say "WeeHa" instead of "Yeehaw". Or how she came outside to play, all bundled in her snowboots and her coat. As soon as she was out the door she said "All I need is a hat and then I would be a real Cowgirl!" We still aren't sure if she meant a real Eskimo or if she really meant Cowgirl.....
More Dancing
I think it's cute when she makes observations about the way the world should be. She was playing Farmer in the Dell with her friends. She got to be the Farmer and had to pick a wife. One of the boys said "Heidi, pick me!" She looked at the boy and said "You can't be the wife 'cause Dads are bigger than Moms. I am the Dad so the Mom has to be smaller than me."  I think that's quite the observation for a 3 year old, if I do say so myself.

One other game she has recently picked up is playing with her "Rapunzel Hair" puppet. It's hilarious to see her TRY to put on a puppet show. As you can imagine, watching a 3 year old dressed up as Rapunzel, singing and dancing along with the movie, via a puppet, can be quite amusing. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to see she likes the puppet! Some kids are afraid of them, but they just inspire lots of creativity--way more fun than a doll!

    ReplyDelete

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi