Sunday, January 22, 2012

Momma Goal # 456: Return Of Momma Goals

I used to have these things called "Momma Goals" and they have fallen by the wayside over the last year. In an effort to bring them back I think I will use them to track my New Years Goals we're set out for ourselves, along with any other things I find along the way.

One of the first things I HAVE done in regards to the New Year Goals is making 3 of my 24 pillowcases for 1 Million Pillowcases. These ones are pretty basic and I hope to be able to make prettier ones as the year goes on. Meh, you have to start somewhere.

1. Basic Contrasting Pillow Case~Pink Tie Dye with Red tie Dye. Basically, you have a contrasting color edging with a main color base. (Instead of a pillowcase that's made of all 1 pattern).


 2. Basic Contrasting Pillow Case~Pink Tie Dye with Pink leopard patterns.

3. Basic Pillow Case~A Yellow Flower Trim with cute Buzy Bees. I did some pretty decorative stitching on the trim. But I picked a matching yellow thread that blends in so well that you can't see the stitching unless you have it right in front of your eyes. Learned my lesson-if it's going to be pretty, make it visible. 

Soo 3 down and 21 left to go. My hope is that I will get good enough to be able to do these types of patterns:
This pillowcases have Ruffles and were made by Girl Scouts
One with a Mini Quilted Edging--I think Girl Scouts Again
I really like the ruffle ones. If I get good at those you can bet I will make lots of those for girls at Christmas next year. They are just sooo cute!!! If anyone has any other pillowcase patterns, ideas, designs, Pinterest finds-please let me know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi