Tuesday, December 20, 2011

FML to LOL

If you know your Text, you know what the first one is.
My eyes have been killing me the last few weeks and I keep getting killer migraines, I can't see near or far, just not at all fun. being told I am losing my eye sight raipidly. Thus, on Saturday I started my week off by going to get a simple eye exam. Which rapidly turned into a fight to save my eyesight. The eye Dr. said "I'll call the head of Ophthalmology (eye expert) at the hospital and ask him to see you ASAP. My eyes were at a 20/30 even WITH glasses-which means something is off. Plus I am me, therefore, he was even more worried.
Sunday I get a terrible sinus infection and cough, then I am told my sister has disappeared.
I try to fight it, but I pretty much crash and burn on Wednesday and Thursday. The cold got worse and I could swear my vision was getting worse as well. Turns out I was right. By the time we went to see the expert, my vision went to 20/80. In just a few days. This caught the doctors attention. Bring on the lab tests!! Turns out my eyes are under pressure--normally eyes score between 10-15 (that's good). On Sat my eyes were at 18 (Meh..) on Thursday they were at 24 (Panic). At 30 you start to loose eyesight permanently. After nearly 3 hours of testing, they believed it's being caused by the meds that are keeping my headaches at bay (and is one of the few meds that don't hurt the liver). --Did I say Yeah?
At least they solved this one quickly. In the choice between blindness vs. migraines and seizures-Oddly enough, Migraines win.
So Recap: Missing sister (Not the one with the cute family), super sick me, sick Heidi Anne, losing eyesight, and now the meds I was using to help my seizures / migraines that DIDN'T hurt my liver I have to get off of ASAP--causing bad headaches. 
Crummy week so far right?  Wrong!
So Friday I made it to work and had a blast! I normally have fun at work anyways, but this day we surprised decorated a co-workers' desk for her birthday while she was away. I got a cupcake for breakfast. I was able to go to lunch with my team, sit and talk and relax for the first time that week. All around good food and great people to be with.
Then to top it off, we did bowling. It's to build team relations, which is so important as we've grown as a company, (when you spend nearly 9 hours a day 5 days a week with people, they become a second family.) So doing Crazy Bowling was a blast. I haven't had that much fun in SOOO long and I haven't laughed that much since I don't know when. 
To top it off, when we got back-we had some brownies.

Getting Ready to Bowl!!
Yes-I Can Bowl In a Skirt! (Blow--Ish)

Under Hand Style!

She's the Bomb!
                                       Life can really take you for a ride-if you let it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi