Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Real Vacation-Day 3-Tetons!!


 Our goal was to meet Emily and her family at Jenny Lake in the Tetons-but the Aloe Hunt took longer then expected. After a beautiful drive we went to the Craig Thomas Visitors Center to see if there were any “Me” hikes. Sadly, the Tetons aren’t nearly as ADA compliant as Yellowstone. So we choose to go to Jenny Lake. Nonetheless, the Visitor's Center has a great museum-we couldn't let that opportunity pass us by. Naturally, Heidi Anne enjoyed every minute of it. We even ran into other members of the family-they were going to Jackson, but changed their minds. They picked a 5 hour hike to go on (100% a not a "Me" hike) but wanted to check at the visitors center where the exact location was. They stayed with us while we toured the rest of the museum. Honestly, who wouldn't want to witness Heidi Anne while she on one of her "Adventures"?
 I even meet a lady who heard my cane do it’s CLANK…CLANK….she stopped me and stated that she used to be an RN and a Physical Therapist-and when canes make that type of clank it can mean something is loose. She was worried I might have my cane break on me while on a trail-then I would really be in a world of hurt. She tightened a few things on it for me, (it now makes a different CLANK-but I believe it’s a safer one). I was very touched that a stranger would take the time to make sure I was okay (when I didn't even know I wasn't). Just another angel in disguise Char says.
We drove to Jenny Lake, once there Char made us sandwiches in the trunk of the car on the top of the coolers. It was our own little Subway mixed with Beni Hanna. We choose to have a car picnic since it was nice and cool in the car. After we were feed we started walking along the trail to Jenny Lake but it was just to hot and I had just pushed myself to much over the last few days. We went to the lake, admired it, and went back to the car. We then drove a different way to the Cabin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi