Monday, July 11, 2011

Real Vacation-Day 2-Fireworks!!

Dadda and Heidi Anne taking a Cat Nap
Heidi Anne and GrandPa
So I had thought that everyone in Char’s family would be coming to the firework show. Thus I staked out a large patch of land many hours in advance (as you can see-it got rather packed). I had envisioned everyone there all watching fireworks and eating ice cream or watermelons—watching the excitement of Heidi Anne and Alice see the fireworks. Again, this is why I don’t plan weddings-only a few of the family were able to come. Heidi Anne said “Sarah not coming?” in the most sad puppy dog voice I had ever heard.

Just Dancing
Anyways, the Symphony was so beautiful. I guess hearing “Edelweiss” in the mountains gives it the home field advantage. I bet if played by a 3rd grader in the Tetons it would sound great as well. Heidi Anne graced us with her lovely dancing and singing as the sunset in the valley. It was pure heaven to me.
Beautiful, (Packed) Driggs, ID.

When the fireworks went off, Heidi Anne was startled at first. We told her that they were stars that were on fire. I told her how to expect a big boom but then really pretty stars would soon show up. She curled up on my lap, had me cover her ears for her with my arm (so she was pretty much all wrapped up in me)-and then we started pointing out the “stars” to each other.

It was the BEST Firework Show I have ever seen in my life. So beautiful, bright, we were on the hill, and Heidi Anne would yell “THANK-YOU STARS” after each firework would fade away. She would try to catch the fireworks as well—yes, they were that big and bright you felt like you could just reach out and grab a spark. The show went on for nearly an hour. We didn’t get back to the cabin until 11:15.

I think it was more fun seeing it through her eyes, the amazement, and the sense of magic, to hear her squeals of delight, and yelling THANK-YOU for nearly every firework before it disappeared.


1 comment:

  1. That is so cute! And you got some really good pictures.

    ReplyDelete

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi