Friday, July 22, 2011

My Sister-The Great Mommy

My sister is a really good mom. As this little story of hers illustrates:
"It's never a good thing when your three year old comes running to you yelling "It's snowing in my room!" in the middle of Summer :/  It was a complete mess! Rykken's Diapers everywhere, All their sock and clothes, shredded papers, toys and my powder from the bathroom! I can't even see the floor. She looked up at me with a huge smile and said "Let's make a snow man!" She did something like this a couple years ago, but it was a large brand new pkg of wipes. She just likes snow I guess."
Kayla The Culprit
Most of us would have had a nervous breakdown-and I know she had just finished cleaning that very room. However, she takes it in good stride and walks the Awesome Mommy road. She picks up the mess and to top it off she takes the time to share this funny moment with everyone else. 
Wykkenn-The Unwitting Accomplice?
See, I told you, she's a Great Mommy

1 comment:

  1. My sister had a similar "great mommy moment" one of her 5 year old twins came to her and said, "Look mama, I gave myself a hair cut!" All proud. He'd cut a sizable chunk down the middle of his head. She heard the second twin coming up the stairs she said, "Did you cut your hair too?" "Yup! It looks good!" With a smile she told them she'd finish their hair cuts (shaved them baled) and gave them a bath. After the bath she said, "Time for bed?" Both boys were confused because she hadn't shown any signs of anger or disapproval. "Why mama?" "When we cut our own hair we go to bed early, that's why." :) I have a lot to learn!

    ReplyDelete

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi