Friday, July 15, 2011

Happy Third Birthday Heidi Anne!!

So we're not sure how-but she knew her birthday was coming. Every morning for at least the last week she would wake up and say "My birthday is coming!" Will you sing me Happy Birthday and say To Heidi?"
I even asked her why she liked the song so much, she said "Because it's a Happy song!". 
Just So Camera Shy..What a Shame
Even in daycare she's been counting down the days. Two days before her birthday we were told this cute little story by Suesue (now called Susan by Heidi Anne since she's a "Big Girl") "Susan you sing Happy Birthday to Heidi-and then everyone else will sing it too!!"  

On the 7th at long last her birthday came. We woke her up (she was already wake in bed smiling) and we sang "Happy Birthday to Heidi Anne" twice. She got to watch the Simpsons twice after she got all dressed and ready-because it's her birthday. We brought M and M cookies for her to share with her friends at preschool / daycare (her favorite cookies). 

That night we picked her up, Susan had given her a birthday gift, as well as a friend of ours at work. On the way home we sang Happy Birthday AND Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear (I know, I was shocked too,not Just Happy Birthday??). We let her pick dinner, grilled cheese sandwiches. She got to open 1 present before dinner. She opened the one from Susan. As you can see-she loved it. 
What could it be??
A Doll and a Carrier!!
After dinner she was able to open the rest of her gifts-I was so proud of her-there they were-all pretty and wrapped up-begging to be opened. Oh and trust me, she did beg a time or two. But for the most part, she was content with the new magic baby bottle, the doll-(since named Sarah-but her dolls names change constantly) and the carrier. 
 
It's a shame she's so camera shy, I hope she outgrows it. ^_^ 
What is it?
Surprise! Its for my Dollhouse!!
Take My Picture Dadda!!
Finally she got one more Official Round of Happy Birthday to help her blow out the candles on her cupcakes. Every birthday she's had cupcakes, never a full cake. It was just so adorable for her 1st birthday, worked out great for her 2nd, and now it's just become tradition! 
Birthday Cupcakes!! Making a Wish..
The next morning when we woke her up she told me "Momma, Heidi Anne sad." I asked her why, she said, "It's not my birthday anymore, no more Happy Birthday to Heidi song." I gave her a hug and asked if she wanted me to still sing it, she said yes but then we have to sing another song too-because it's not her birthday anymore. So we sang Happy Birthday and Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear. Have I mentioned how much I love that little girl? 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi