Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Story Time


It's become a standard at night. She just has to be read to by Momma. Normally it is right after she gets on her night clothes, she then gets both of our blankets and drags them into her room, gets a pile of books, and comes over to me in the sweetest voice says "Momma read??"
So she then decides that Char can go play on the WiiFit (since he's been such a good Daddy), and off the two of us go and read together for at least 30 minutes. It varies on what type of book selection she picked out for us that night.  

What do we read? She loves Fly Guy, Cow Loves Cookies! The whole if you give a Mouse a Cookie books, any Dr Seuss 
HI Kitty
(I think we have them all almost). Now I am on the hunt for Skippy Jon Jones. She thinks Skippy is Hi Kitty's Brother. And more of Fly Guy and books by Cow Likes Cookies author, and the Dick and Jane type books.
I love to read Chicka Chicka Boom Boom or Cow Loves Cookies or Going on a Bear Hunt, we have little actions to go with the books, and we both might have them memorized.
SkippyJon Jones-Hi Kitty's Long Lost Brother?
We also read a poems or story from books like The Children's Book of Virtues as well. (She doesn't always need pictures, she just likes to watch and listen to me read).
I am always on the hunt for more authors and books as well-since I read the same book 500 times.-You know how that goes.....
But we love our story time, sometimes we'll read in the morning as well if she gets ready quickly.  
 Even better-story time is something Momma does better then Daddy! Finally! I have found my niche! She likes it when I read; maybe it's my voices, actions, or just how I read with her, who knows?
Everything else is still "Don't like it…want Daddy do it." Nevertheless, I rule the story time!

1 comment:

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi