Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Home Again, Home Again Jiggity Jig

One of my favorite times of the day is going to pick up Heidi Anne from Suesue's and heading back home.  Now that the weather is getting nice again we sometimes go on "Adventures" and stop by a park on the way home and go play for a little bit.
No matter what, Heidi Anne always does the funniest things. So this time I was ready for her.
"I don't like this song"
I brought my camera as she covered her ears and said "I don't like it!" as a song came on the radio.
I also learned that she likes to stick her tongue out at me when she knows I can't see her.  I ask what she's doing and she sweetly says, "Oh....Nothing," and sweetly smiles at me. (I will forever have my doubts now......)
She thinks Momma Can't see her
Playing Innocent--as I ask "Heidi Anne, What are you up to"
"Oh, Nothing...."
Normally our drive home is filled with her telling us about her day. Pointing out different colors, wanting to talk with us about whatever it is we're talking about. My favorite is when she starts singing. She knows a fair amount of songs and isn't half bad for only being 2 1/2. 

Most of the drive is pretty much filled with all three of us laughing. Or us shaking our heads in confusion-we're not always sure what she's talking about but she gets very animated and into her stories. So I watch her to see how we're supposed to respond. (Believe me, you do not want to giggle when she is really telling a tragic story about how someone took her baby doll before nap-or seem like your ignoring her-it hurts her feelings).
Yeap, it starts at a very young age.

Singing "Baby Bumble Bee"

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi