Sunday, June 28, 2009

Tire Blow Out

I wasn't able to get this on last week, so I'll do it now. Last Sunday (Father's Day) we went to visit our families, since its a two hour drive back home we left at 8:30ish. Well on our way back our tire blew out. YIKES!
There we were driving down the interstate, we ran over road debris. Next thing we know we smell burned rubber. Char pulled over to the shoulder, sure enough we were missing a nice piece of tire. The inside center part.
So I called my sister at 9:00 pm, because, while we had a spare (doughnut) tire & a jack, we didn't have a tire iron--that's a whole nother story. At 9:15 my sister & my dad came to help. So Char and my Dad began to try to replace the tire, only to find the tire iron didn't fit the lug nuts.
AHHHHHH.
I called 9-1-1 for the highway patrol, then asked them for flat tire assistance and we were missing a metric tire iron. While Char was on the cell giving them info to find us, my sister had a brilliant idea. She suggested to my dad to ask if we had a weird piece of metal in our glove compartment. So he asked me, I check, and there was. It was the tire iron for our car!
(Turns out she had this same issue not to long ago). I cancelled the 9-1-1 request for help, Char and my Dad changed the tire in no time.
I followed my sisters' advice of not to look at the replacement tire. Well, once we were safely home in our garage (at 11:30 pm) I took a look. I am glad I listened to her, that tire was sooooo tiny compared to the other tires I would have freaked the whole drive home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi