Saturday, July 21, 2012

Heidi Anne's Birthday Bowling Adventure

Side Note-My family doesn’t really use the whole “Aunt” or “Uncle” thing.  Heidi Anne calls all my siblings just by their first names and her kids do the same with us. Char’s siblings use the Aunt thing. I guess I feel like being “Aunt” makes me sound so formal (okay, being honest, it also makes me feel so old.)

Aunt Millie
Back to Heidi Anne's birthday. 

After a little nap, Char’s youngest sister, Aunt Millie, came up for Heidi Anne’s birthday activity. Heidi Anne picked bowling-she had a ball. (Bad pun-I know)

Heidi Anne was jumping up and down as soon as we got into the alley. She got a purple bowling ball, which she shared with Momma, she got to use the bowling ramp with the bumpers, and she got the second highest score. She told me proudly that she didn’t get any “Utter Balls!” (gutter balls). The alley we picked wasn’t exactly the best by a long shoot. The good news was we didn’t have any other real plans for the day and Heidi Anne could have content to spend the whole day there.



To top it off we got her a ice cream cake. She’s never had one before. We went to Cold Stone where she picked a mint chocolate chip and chocolate cake. I learned that mint chocolate chip is her favorite ice cream.  It took us nearly a week to finish it off.
 She Loved This Cake!
I wondered at first if this would be as fun and memorable as a traditional birthday celebration. I am comforted by the fact that she keeps telling people about her “Bigger, Bigger” birthday where she got to see cars, a teddy bear, and bowling with Aunt Millie as if it were yesterday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi