Monday, March 26, 2012

So My Weekend Totally Rocked!!

My Favorite Pic!!
  Finally, it's spring, which means I can finally go back outside (as long as I have sunblock). We celebrated this day in style. First I got to go visit my friend Valerie. She's due to have her baby boy any day now, it's her first boy, but third baby. She has two adorable girls, sadly when they saw me they stared to whimper a little. Apparently they thought I was coming to babysit them, which oddly enough was very cute. But back to my quilt, I started it as soon as I knew what gender she was having. I wanted to give it to her for Christmas but I underestimated just how long quilting can take. I am happy that I got it done before the baby was born.
Baby Quilt 
Close Up




Then we meet my sister and her family at the Dino Park. As always, as soon as the girls saw each other they ran into one the other's arms. I just love it!!
My little nephew (who just barely turned 2 in January) said in the sweetest voice "Hi Charlie." That surprised me, not to mention it just melted my heart!






If you've never been to the Dino Park you should SOOO go! There is a fun museum, full of bones, pretty rocks, and other creatures. I believe my favorite was the rare and elusive "Wholly Hippo" don't let it fool you into thinking it's a Wholly Rino - according to a little kid at the museum, it's a "Wholly Hippo".  There were lots of fossils and displays.
The Wholly "Hippo!"
There were lots of fossils and displays. I'm pretty sure it was okay to sit on this display, if not it made for a cute picture!! You or the kids could talk to a paleontologist working in a lab. I am not 100% sold that he was the real deal, either way, it was fun. 
Then we went outside. Here you get to wander the paved trail or even some "off trail" sites. All along the way there are these life size dinos. On top of that there are a few other fun activities.
 As you can tell by the looks on their faces, ALL three kids were having a blast.
 As soon as the girls saw this one, they wanted to help the poor hurt dino. 
Heidi Anne got into the spirit of things, maybe a little too much??
But even little Rye let loose.  Isn't he SOOO cute!
 Another outside activity is "being a fossil hunter". Here the kids got to dig with shovels and paint brushes, just like the real paleontologist.
We finished the trip with feeding some ducks. Naturally you would expect ducks and geese to be at a dino park. KaiKai shared some of her bird food with me when she noticed I didn't have any. What a sweetie!! As we were feeding the ducks she exclaimed "This is so fun! This is the funnest day EVER!"

Then to top off the weekend we went to lunch with Char's sister Sarah. Heidi Anne had fun - as did we. But  the pics of her having fun are just better to look at! Told you my weekend rocked! 




1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you guys like the dino park. And thanks again for the quilt!

    ReplyDelete

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi