Monday, October 24, 2011

Wheeler Farm Farmer's Market

Rye, Kai, and Heidi
Yesterday (well all weekend come to think of it) Heidi Anne had a blast! She got to see ALL of her cousins in 1 day. It started with a drive down to the valley. She loves these drives because she gets to watch a movie or sing along with the radio. This time it was Tangled so she sang along with Rapunzel.
We planned on meeting at Wheeler Farm, thinking it would be quite and we could just let the kids loose and stroll around. Well, apparently there was a huge Farmer's Market going on that day, which is 100% dog friendly, seriously we saw a Great Dane to a mutated mutt (a.k.a chihuahuas).
K-Bug--So Pretty
We just wandered around looking at the products offered and letting the kids explore. Then someone told us about the pumpkin hunt. It was like an egg hunt-but with pumpkins. So we took the kids over. If your plastic pumpkin had a number on it you got an extra prize. So many kids showed up (they counted 100) they had to break it up by years and limit to 1 pumpkin per kid. Sadly, Rykken was just to little (by a few months) to play. But he was a great sport about it. If nothing else-he looked adorable.
Girls, wait!! I want to go too......
They did their pumpkin hunt, at first they were holding hands and wouldn't let go of each other to go get a pumpkin. Heidi Anne did get a little prize. Yeah. After that we went and "feed" the ducks. I say "feed" because we didn't have any bread, so the geese were mad at us. So Char and I started to act like we were tossing pieces of bread to the birds. Needless to say they were very perplexed. (I am positive my sister thought it was horrible yet hilarious at the same time.....)
Buddies-See? Not Letting Go!

After the duckies we explored a little more. They went and played at a tree house, which they loved. To our surprise it easily held 2 little girls and their moms without issue. They don't make them like that anymore! I would sooo love to make a tree house for her! (We might do a PVC pipe or something...but that's another day). As we were exploring we discovered our little crew were becoming tired and hungry. So we headed to my sisters house so they can get some lunch and paint pumpkins.
In the Tree House--BEST FRIENDS
They had a BLAST playing together. Which was great, since I needed my sister to teach me some awesome crafting skills. So the girls were playing so cute together-and Rykken was playing "How fast can I get into that??". Oh I LOVED it!! My favorite quote of the day had to be when I checked on the kids, I asked "Are you playing nice?" Heidi Anne replied "K-Bug and I are being nice, but we are being siblings to Ryerye." I guess siblings a lower then cousins on the totem pole?
RyeRye-getting so big
After Rebekah helped me with my project we painted pumpkins with the kids. Sadly, no pics. We were all painting, thus we all got messy. However, Rykken painted his pumpkin blue, he then promptly painted himself blue as well. Very detailed I must add.  K-Bug painted her WHOLE pumpkin a pretty rainbow, pink, blue, more blue, purple, there wasn't a speck of orange left. I made a spider, all black with eye and some pipe cleaners for legs. Char made the Joker (he even added green yarn when we got home for the hair). My sister started an Angery Bird family-she started with the pigs. Heidi Anne did abstract art with hers-just shapes here and there. Totally fun. Just one of those days were I wish we lived closer so we could do this more often!!
Little Heidi Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi