Tuesday, August 17, 2010

These Small Hours, Still Remain

As you may of noticed, I have been away. Even when the hospital released me (I feel the Simpson's phrased it best with "Well, your as healthy as the insurance will pay for.") I've haven't been quite up to my normal self. But I am getting there.

The whole time I was away this song was in my mind from 6:30 am to 8:00 am then again from 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm. These Small Hours, it's sung by Rob Thomas and it's on a movie Meet the Robinson's' (one of Char & Heidi Anne's favorite movies I might add). One verse always strikes a cord with me:
Our Lives Are Made
In These Small Hours,
These Little Wonders,
These Twists and Turns of Fate,
Time Falls Away,
But These Small Hours,
These Small Hours, Still Remain....

Why during those 4 hours every day? Those are our Small Hours.

They are our family morning time and night time. I never missed going to wake up Heidi Anne in the morning and saying "Good Morning Sunshine" so much in my life (Yes, it's a race-if you could see the smile she give us-you'd race in too-we normally tie anyways). I was still up at 6:25 on the dot. I missed the getting ready, the brush your teeth songs, the picking out which outfit to wear. I missed talking with Char in the morning.

Nights I really missed, I missed the Heidi Anne updates, her telling us about her day, us playing referee between her and the puppy, Char making dinner, listening to the radio and singing along. Just everything that makes our family us. Even the little things we didn't realized we did-I missed.

Amazing how that works-I guess that's what is meant by "You don't know what you have until it's gone." It's just become so natural, how could it be any different and then suddenly one day it is.

He would bring Heidi Anne to visit in the mornings and nights-but it still wasn't our patterns. But trust me-I Loved every second of it-and I love our Small Hours Even more.

And These Hours aren't even just for the daily Small Hours as well. We went to Lagoon on Saturday with my sister and her husband and I don't think we could of had more fun!! :)

Our Lives Are Made
In These Small Hours

1 comment:

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi