Monday, August 23, 2010

It's What Fun Is...

Every year our company has a Summer party that everyone can bring their whole family to. This year was extra special as it was the 10th Anniversary, so they decided to celebrate at an amusement park, Lagoon. Each employee was able to go for free and bring a guest at no additional cost, (if they had more family, they were able to come for like next to nothing).

Any who, Char & I took Rebekah & Rhett (my sister & her husband) with us. I'm still a little confused on who was who's date-but I digress. to celebrate their 5th Wedding Anniversary. It was so fun with just the 4 of us, we haven't been on a grown ups only date in a long time. It also made all those 4 person seating rides so much fun.
Besides super hot sun, long lines, 3 babies aged 2 and under would not have been to pleasant for very long.

We wandered around, went on a spinning ride, had lunch, go on the sky ride (basically it's like going on a ski lift in the middle of summer, went on some roller coasters, my glasses lost me, went on another roller coaster, looked for my glasses, and wandered around some more watching people do the really scary thrill rides or playing the carnival games. Time flies when you're having fun, after a few hours and (some sun), we were all missing our babies and headed home. All in all, It was sooo much fun!
Yes-My glasses went missing. We were on the Wicked-and they came right off my face-just gone! It was rather impressive actually-Char has the exact same glasses and they didn't get lost at all. Apparently it's a very common thing for items to get lost while on this ride from pockets, faces, ect. that there are even daily search times set aside. We never found my glasses, I used my old ones until we were able to get replacement ones yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi