Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Daddy Thoughts

Today was up there with some of the most scariest that I have ever had since I have been married to Lissa. It all started this morning around 4 Lissa woke up with a stabbing pain in her chest and thought that it was an asthma attack or possibly a reaction to the sugary that she had on Monday. Being the crazy stubborn women that she is, she opted to get ready for the day and go to work. on the way to dropping Heidi off at day care Lissa said, at "what point do we say uncle?" at this point it seemed like no more then a particularly hard day for her, and it was after a surgery.

She goes to work and we get about an hour into it and she chats me and says "maybe a half day" and then "I need to go home and rest." so I said well lets meet and go, and I went to where we normally meet and she was slumped on the floor and I said maybe we should go to the insta-care but she said that she was unable to walk to the car and I needed to bring it around. after I got back her pale ashen color was getting more pronounced and her trouble breathing increased. I rushed her to the ER and she was rushed back and I couldn't get a word in edgewise to keep up with what she had, her medical alert bracelet was used more then I was in the beginning.

The pain and not being able to breath was very worrisome, bit they gave her oxygen and we had all sorts of tests to find out that she has a super inflamed pancreas, to the point that the doctors were kind of shocked that it is about 23 times it should be. So Lissa can't drink or eat for a few days, just a lot of IV fluids.

So I become a single-ish dad, got Heidi from daycare and Heidi started on her usual momma back or daddy back routine that she does if there is one of us missing, I tried to explain that momma is owie and so we decided to go see her and let momma see her little girl. We visited but Heidi was getting restless and so I took her home fed her, tickled her and cuddled her and all the while she was having me do all the things that momma usually does. No I cannot sit in mommas place at the table, and I have to take her shoes off in just the same way and get her night clothes on without Lissa choosing them before hand, Heidi didn't like them as much.

I realized how much Lissa does for our little family in the love and support that she gives to us and this little scare brings to the front of my mind how important she is to me and how lucky I am to have her in my life for as long as she graces me with her presence. I got into this marriage knowing what she has and knowing the risks, but was willing to take them and have some of the happiest times of my life. Lissa is one of the bravest person I know and I Love Her.

4 comments:

  1. Char, my prayers are with you. Please keep me updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will keep her in our prayers. We hope she recovers soon. My wife does a lot for our little family too, it's amazing that we got blessed with such wonderful women.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking about you all. Keep us informed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I hope everything gets better.

    ReplyDelete

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi