Saturday, October 7, 2017

Wedding Pictures and Lots of Little Stories

Here are a few more pictures from the wedding.
Anastasia on Daddy's shoulders.
There was an ice cream bar at the wedding reception, complete with a soft serve ice cream machine. Here's Heidi Anne topping off her delicious treat. 
Heidi Anne had fun playing on the swing set with other wedding quests. She's pushing a sweet little girl on the swing.
Rowan enjoyed his time on the swing as well. I think this was the happiest he was during the whole day. 
Here's a picture of our not-so-little-anymore family. If you told me 5 years ago we'd have a family of 5, with the 2 youngest being only 11 months apart, I would have laughed at the idea. Yes, our life is a bit busy with 2 toddlers and a 9 year old, even chaotic at points. I just can't imagine it any other way. 
Last Sunday Rowan and Heidi Anne are playing with helicopters, flying them to different destinations in the living room. For example; flying to the sofa, then to Anastasia, next the dog, and on and on. 
When they were done playing Anastasia took both helicopters and would spin the rotors on the tops and tail. Rowan had his "turtle" (Kindle) and could care less, however, Anastasia looks like the cat that ate the canary.
Rowan was content with his Turtle, which was good because Char and I were still recovering from our illnesses. Char's almost better from this never ending fever, I'm still a little on the weak / recovering stages.
  
On Monday Rowan just couldn't stop spinning in circles and asking to go "UP-side-Down". I got a few videos of his spinning, which is stimming. Sometimes he'd stop, come over to watch the video I just made then spin again. Hit replay and that was my morning. 
Rowan had a good day at at ABA. I get little notes about his day. But I don't get the time to chat with his therapist, thus making some of the stories lack that flourish or background information. For example, the note today read "Rowan had a good day today. He laughed really hard when one of the other therapist sang "Old MacDonald Had a Farm" really goofy." That's all she wrote.

On Tuesday Heidi Anne had guitar lessons. But Char had work at the time Heidi Anne would need to be picked up from her class. He dropped her off to for her lessons. About 30 minutes after they left, I loaded the Littles into the double stroller and we walked a long 2 mile round trip. (We're very dedicated to Heidi Anne's new hobby). The babies were content as long as the stroller was moving. But if we were at a cross walk waiting for cars to pass, they tried to wiggle out of their straps.    
Occasionally, when things happen, I cover my hands over my mouth and say "Oh No!" in an overly dramatic fashion. I typically do this with the Littles' when; they spill, knock down objects or throw toys. Mostly to get the idea across that they did something naughty or mischievous.
Well, Anastasia has started to copy me half the time. She covers her mouth and dramatically says "Oh NO!" I finally got a picture of her doing it. Unfortunately, no video recording, despite how hard I try she can't do it on command (as of yet). 


Rowan loves to look out the window. There's cars, bikes, trucks, airplanes, etc. out there to see. Anastasia doesn't want to be left out of the fun. She'll toddle over as Rowan runs to look outside. There's just 1 tiny problem. Anastasia is way too short to see anything. She's just shy of being as tall as the bottom window sill. Therefore, she ends up just looking at the wall. 
She has at least another 4-6 inches to grow before she can even tip toe to glance out the window. Based on the faces she gives me, I think she knows this fun fact, too.
Rowan was so funny the other morning as I put him in the car. The birds were singing outside. He perked up and said "Tweet, Tweet!" He was so excited when he heard them call back. He yelled out "Again! Again!" Alas, they did not respond to his cries of an encore. 

Life has settled into a new "normal", Rowan has preschool / ABA 3 days a week. Heidi Anne is back in school. Anastasia is...well...Anastasia. Time to shake that up. We've decided it's time for me to get back into the workforce. It's a couple years sooner than I planned (after-all, ABA doesn't pay for itself). Now, I'm job hunting and we're trying to figure out how to juggle everything. Wish me luck! Any tips would be great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi