Sunday, October 22, 2017

Job Interviews, Grandma's House, Time at the Park, NEW JOB!!

I have been super busy this week (10/8-10/14). I've only taken 1 photo of Anastasia (at least it turned out cute). This week I've have nearly an interview a day. Furthermore, the time I would dedicate to blogging and photo taking have been replaced by filling out hours worth of applications online. 

I actually got a job at a call center and start training the end of the month, however, I'd really like a more long term position. So I continue to apply to places and having interviews. I know if nothing pans out I at least have a job in the wings. 


On Sunday, the 15th, we went to Grandma's house to celebrate her birthday with the rest of the family. We got her a set of construction trucks because Grandma's been saying she needs more toys for the little boys. These aren't just any plastic toys, they are recycled from milk jugs, durable, and BPA free, (safe if babies chew on them).

Rowan couldn't wait for her to open her gift. He started playing with them right away. I think they were a hit with the cousins. 

Anastasia was busy toddling and exploring everywhere. She likes to say "Up". I feel like one of her Aunts summed it pretty well when she stated, "Anastasia I think you want that word to mean more then it really does." It's true, she uses that word for nearly everything. What to be held? Up. What to see what's on a screen? Up. Want food? Yep, Up. 
We took the kids outside to play while it was nice outside. Rowan was excited to get to the top of the swing set and go down the slide by himself. It was still on the steep side for him, so he went down 1 time.
His favorite thing was the swing! He would have stayed their all afternoon and into the night if we'd let him. Rowan was just giggling and having fun. Later we played on the tramp, which he really enjoyed. 
While dinner was cooking he went out to see the doggies, Huck (Aunt E's lab mix) and Maverick (Aunt M's lab mix of a different sort). He loved tossing the ball and watching the dogs fetch. He ran around laughing and saying "Doggie!" 

I've been job hunting for awhile now. Numerous applications have been filled out, I've had several job interviews, nothing was panning out (besides the call center position). I did an interview for a billing position on Monday morning, which is a job I enjoy doing, seriously. I loved my time at ConService and this position was very similar in many ways. 

Monday afternoon I got a call offering me the job. I started the very next day!! I do the billing for an appliance repair company and so far I'm really enjoying it. Right now it's a bit of a commute but they should be moving locations around January. The hard part has been juggling everything with 1 car. We thought we could manage with just 1 car, however, it's our first week and we're already realizing it's not balancing out well at all. (I foresee a second car in the near future.)

Thursday I had to take a day off work for a doctor's appointment. While I was at the doctors Char took all the kids to a nearby park to play (It's Fall Break right now). 
Rowan climbed up the stairs by himself, which really impressed us. Anastasia needed some help, especially when walking on the uneven bark. She'd walk, stubble, fall down, get back up and repeat the whole process over again. Heidi Anne was a great big sister and took the Littles' down the slides. 
The weather was lovely, a perfect morning for a visit to the park. Oh, there was a bouncy horse that really entertained Rowan for quite some time. Which was good because my doctor appointment took much longer than planned. 
Funny story about Rowan, he loves to watch musical truck videos on Children's YouTube. He'll come up and ask "Car Tunes?" It took a few failed attempts before I realize he meant "Car Tunes" instead of "Cartoons."

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi