Sunday, March 12, 2017

Little Milestones

 Anastasia has started to crawl in the traditional way (crawling on hands and knees). Until now she's been getting around via army crawl. She's super fast and loves to get into everything! Sure, Anastasia refuses to eat table foods (she's still on baby food) but she has no problem putting random things in her mouth. Go figure. 
Rory has started a new game. Which is huge! He gets a wipe and pretends to sneeze. Then we say "Bless you." He laughs and repeats the process. I drop everything to say "Bless you" when he plays the game. Because it's him trying to interact with us. Even for a brief moment, it means the world to me.
Sometimes, he'll randomly pretend sneeze and looks at me with expectant eyes. As soon as he does this I respond "Bless you". Then he returns to what he was doing. Almost like he's making sure I'm still there for him. Maybe it's checking to see that I'm paying attention to the smallest detail. Which I try my hardest to do. 

He's started trying to say the words Thank-you, but it comes out more like "Deek-Do". I think it's just his echolalia (repetition of words, randomly spoken), right now. Why? Because he says Deek-Do at chance intervals, no rhyme or reason to it.  
We just got the movie "Moana". Heidi Anne loves it. Rory pauses what he's doing whenever a song is on or if there is Polynesian sounding music playing in the background. He's language therapist believes it's due to the rhythmic patterns of the music. Who knows for sure? All I do know is he gets mesmerized by Moana and we've watched it at least 4 times in less than a 48 hour period. No other movie has entertained both Heidi Anne and Rowan simultaneously. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi