Tuesday, January 17, 2017

All About Anastasia

Lately nothing much has happened, another slow week (minus the fact that Heidi Anne had a second snow day). Therefore, I wanted to do a little post, with lots of cute pictures, of just Anastasia. Anastasia is now the same age Rory was when she was born. I can't imagine having another baby right now. More power to those who can do 3 under 2! Heidi Anne loves to pick out Anastasia's clothes for me, her baby sister is a real life, living doll to her. 

Anastasia loves to try to steal Rory's chocolate soy milk. She will roll close to it, then army crawl the rest of the way to get to that cup. Sometimes, she'll pull Rory's hair to make him drop his cup so she can steal it from him. Her clothes have many chocolate milk stains. 
She is super close to really crawling. She gets on all fours and rocks back and forth. Sometimes, when milk or another forbidden object, (for example, the lap top cord) is near she will lunge herself forward like a little seal to grab it. You can see Rory's puppy in the background, it goes with him everywhere. I once found Anastasia fast asleep and curled up next to "Doggie". 

Anastasia has to have her mobility! Here's a picture of her trapped by a Boppy. As you can tell, she is NOT amused. She's probably thinking "Don't take pictures! Save me!" I thought her face looked rather regal. Now she hates her once beloved swing because she can't move, even if she's swinging. She's had her taste of freedom and loves it.
She's doing so much better about sitting in her bumbo by herself. She hardly slides out from the side anymore. But we're still a ways off from her sitting up unassisted. My goal was for her to sit by Christmas, which then came and went. Then my new goal was by my birthday. Which again, came and went. Now the newest goal is her birthday in February, we'll just have to wait and see.

Anastasia is teething 6 teeth at once! They are super sharp, a lesson I learned the hard way, twice. She broke the skin and made me bleed both times. Don't worry, I've finally learned my lesson, don't let her put my fingers near her mouth. On the plus side it's given her an adorable toothy grin. She can say Mama and Dada, as well! 

She likes apple baby food, but adores sneaking bites of Rory's breakfast yogurt the most. He's kind enough to let her get away with it. She's not picky on the flavor, as long as it's his. 
She may not be the easiest baby, but she is sure a happy one. She loves the time when the others go to bed and it's just her, me, and the unlimited access to all the toys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi