Monday, September 5, 2016

First Day of School and 10th Anniversary

On Monday Heidi Anne has her first day of Third Grade. She has been looking forward to school all summer. To say she was excited was an understatement. Heidi Anne was up and ready by 6:30 am, (school doesn't start until 8:50 am). That's my girl.



We celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary on Wednesday. Technically, it was on Thursday but Char had work. Thus, we had our special dinner a day early. Grilled salmon for me, a nice juicy stake for Char, and beef hamburgers for the kids. We normally have turkey meat but we decided to let the kiddos in on the celebration. 

Last February, (keep in mind I was pregnant with Rory at the time) I thought our 10 year anniversary was coming up. Therefore, I thought we should really celebrate it by going away for the weekend. After all, I figured we could use a little brake from our 2 children. It wasn't until we were on our trip did I figure out that it was our 9th anniversary

How did I figure it out? 

Well, I was nauseous. Nothing but sushi sounded good. Char was teasing me saying I was pregnant (again) just 18 weeks after Rory was born. Going on about how we'll have Irish twins. I decided to prove him wrong. 

I made him drive about an hour away to Park City to get a pregnancy test (on our first vacation without kids since we had kids). I got the type that digitally reads "not pregnant" or "pregnant". That way he couldn't say anything doubtful like "I don't know, it looks like a faint line to me..." Or "It could just be too early...". 

Well, the test read "Pregnant" in nice bold, digital print. From the bathroom he hears "You're kidding me!" Which I am sure he thought was just me getting back at him. I was very serious. I was in disbelief. I told him something along the lines of "That is why you never take a pregnancy test while on vacation! Well, it's a unique 10th anniversary present." 

It was finally that it clicked, (as I was trying to calculate how far along I was), that it was our 9th anniversary. The whole time he never corrected me, because I was pregnant, then a mom with a new baby, quickly followed by pregnant (again). Smart man. He follows sage advice once given to him, "Even if your wife is wrong, she's still right!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi