Friday, May 20, 2016

Scary Mommy Moments....





Anastasia's growth this week: 

Weight: 6 pounds 9 ounces!! (Was 5 pounds 15 ounces)
Length: 46 Centimeters  
(Was 45.75)
Age: 13 weeks old 
(Should be 1 week old)



I don't have everything nicely broken down into days. They just blurred together this week. Yeah, it's been one of those weeks. 




I had some scary mommy moments this week. I went to the restroom and when I came back Rory was chewing on a mini flashlight. I realized it was in pieces and the tiny battery was missing. (You know the button batteries that can burn tissue). I got him ready and woke up Char to tell him I was taking Rory to the ER and why. Char sleepily told me that the flashlight had broken in the wash and Rory must have gotten into the laundry and found it. It made me realize how quickly he can get into things and these accidents can happen to anyone. I used to judge those moms that said "I was only gone for a minute." Not anymore, because I didn't think there were any items that could harm him in the 1-2 minutes I was gone. When it comes to toddlers anything is possible. 
The next scary mommy moment was when Anastasia started having retractions which means her respiratory distress is worsening. They were mild but she needs to see a good doctor. (E,I one down in Ogden or Salt Lake). I increased her oxygen and switched her cannula. She didn't have nasal flares or abnormal grunting otherwise I would have taken her to the local ER (who would have sent us to Ogden). Besides, Char was working and I didn't have someone to watch the other kids. Kind of hard to find a sitter at 10:30 pm on a school night. 
The last one was after Anastasia's eye appointment, I had gotten up at 4:00 am got ready, got her ready and headed down to Ogden. She still has ROP but the Plus Disease has slowed down greatly. He put the eye surgery set for July on hold for now, which is good news. (Appearently, she had eye surgery scheduled and they forgot to mention it to me.) But I know about it now. I asked the doctor what and how far she can see. He replied "Less then a newborn. Her vision is around 3-6 inches up close, any further then that it's just colors and vague shapes."

We did some drive thru errands while down there (since we can't go inside), then headed home. On the way back home I nodded off (again). I awoke, heading for the road barriers, meanwhile a semi-truck was honking loudly trying to warn or wake me up. I sadly struck one of the barriers and made a little mark on the car. But we were safe. 
These early morning appointments are killing me. We're praying that the home rents or sells soon. 

Rory has been teething this week. Poor guy. But in other news we've caught him walking more and more each passing day. It's come to a point the only times he is still is when he's sleeping or in his high chair eating. One of his favorite foods are raviolis and pieces of bread. Whenever I feed him bits of bread it makes me think of feeding a baby duck. 
Rory's Footprint at birth versus Anastasia's          Hand print at birth compared to a quarter!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi