Saturday, February 6, 2016

Somehow, Still Pregnant!!

I'm 27 weeks along and somehow still pregnant. This has been one of the scariest, most blurred weeks of my life. I'll start with Monday.
Monday night around 9:00 pm I felt a sudden gush. I woke up Char to tell him my water broke. We start talking about how to get someone to watch Rory (now 11 months) and Heidi Anne until family can come. We turn on the lights and there was BLOOD. Char went into nurse mode from there. He called 9-1-1, calmed me down because I am thinking we lost her. Soon the ambulance comes and takes me to the little (and I mean LITTLE) hospital. He stayed home with the kids until someone from our church could come and watch them. Thank havens! 
They monitored the baby's heartbeat, checked my pulse, blood pressure, verified my water didn't break. After a few hours the "doctor" called it a fluke and sent me home on bedrest. (I have some words to say about him but I'm letting it go.)
Tuesday went fine, I was mostly following the bedrest. 
Wednesday morning at 4:00 am the bleeding returned. Not wanting to return to the same hospital (or to start waking people up so early) I had Char check everything out. Since Anastasia and I weren't in any immediate threat we decided to wait until my normal, GOOD doctor was in. 
I called him up and he tells me to come down for an appointment that day. I was expecting a quick "jerk doctor is right, this was a fluke." type appointment. Instead, I got "Ah, I need to make some calls," after my exam. He returned and told me to go directly to Labor & Delivery. Apparently, bleeding when your 27 weeks pregnant is never "just a fluke" and we're open to infection. Once at Labor and Delivery we were monitored for hours while Char tended to Rory. I was then given betamethasone which is a medication used to mature her lungs. 
Then we had another issue, Char had work but Rory and I needed to get back home to Wyoming. Luckily Char's sister Sarah volunteered to take us back home and stay the night to help me out with the kids. That was a life saver!! 
Thursday morning I was greeted by a very happy Heidi Anne who had helped Sarah clean the kitchen, eaten breakfast, was ready for school, and had done morning Yoga with Sarah. Yeah, Heidi Anne had an awesome morning.
I was then told I needed a second dose of the betamethasone. My doctor's office was more then willing to have a doctor up here give me the medication, but the hospital that said they would give me the medication later rescinded the offer.  (I just summed up 6 hours of back and forth footwork for you). I had to drive roughly 3 hours for a 2 minute shot. To say the least, very frustrating
Now the kiddos are down in Utah with Char's family (who've been awesome through and though). They are expecting me to deliver within 48 hours to 7-ish days. So here I am, on bed rest, feeling like an incubator and praying to remain one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi