Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Heidi Anne - The Littlest Angel

On Saturday afternoon Heidi Anne had her Christmas pageant practice. This year she was an angel, all the girls aged 5-7 were angels. It was the same part my sister and I frequently got when we were younger. My granny made a lovely white gown, with golden rick-rack edges. I've kept mine my whole life. 
She's wearing that very same gown now. I love how things my Granny made for me as a child are now used by my own little angel.
I didn't have a halo or anything of that nature. So I improvised. I had fun putting her hair in a crown braid with two yellow bows on each side of her head. It looked better than any halo. Then we put a little makeup on her. She wanted her cheeks to have "Those dots like the dolly has in the Nutcracker." We haven't seen the Nutcracker in a YEAR!! But I knew what she meant. 
 She turned out to be the smallest angel. I forget how short and tiny she is. Then she is place with other 5-7 year olds. I also learned my camera does "black and white" when there is poor lighting. I think it was cute. Your typical Christmas pageant with lots of shy, fidgety, little kids. But she had fun.

Afterwards, we had a Christmas dinner at church. I snapped a picture of Char and Heidi Anne waiting for food.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi