Friday, December 6, 2013

Decorating With NO Funding - Filter Angels and Snow Flakes

Heidi Anne Reading to Ana Rose

I don't talk about money often. Let's just say we aren't even doing a Christmas tree this year and it's not because I want to save a tree.  However, Heidi Anne is still excited for Christmas. She's been reading "The Littlest Angel" (one of my FAVORITE kid books) and "Madeline's Christmas" to anyone and everything.

A MUST Read!! 
Did I mention she now loves Ski Hats? 
Heidi Anne wanted to decorate for Christmas. I surprised her after school yesterday by having a table set up for making crafts. Coffee Filters (you can make so many crafts from them!), colored paper, normal printer paper, fun scissors, pipe cleaners, glitter, glue, and a hot glue gun. 
She put on her sweetest face when she saw the craft surprise. I had to get a picture, just look at those bright blue eyes, golden wheat blonde hair in pigtails, and sweet smile. 
 We made a lot of snow flakes. They were perfect for hanging round the apartment (as long as the cat leaves them alone. 
After we made a lot of snow flakes we made angels! Cotton balls, coffee filters, and pipe cleaners never looked so good! She says the ribbons around their neck are really "little angel arms". We made one for each person in the family. 
Then she made some little angels for her teacher, for her friend, and the last is to show the other kids at recess what "My Momma makes with me!" She went on to tell me, "The other kids say that Moms don't do fun, messy things with kids. I tell them, "Well, my Momma makes messy crafts with me!" 
Heidi Anne Angel
It's nice to know that we can still have fun and keep the spirit of Christmas when we're flat broke. Sometimes those can be the most rewarding times. (At least that's what I like to tell myself). 
Momma Angel
Daddy Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi