Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Bubble Girl!

Nearly everyone has some sort of fungi in their lungs, however, your body has neutrophils (this will be important in a few minutes) in your whole body. The ones in your lungs keep the fungi at bay, so you’re fine. 

However, if you have very compromised immune systems, for example HIV or suffer from Neutropenia or other cytotoxic disorders, your body can’t fight it. Since the fungi lives deep in the lungs it goes from the bottom – up (normally the infection has to travel down). In a nut shell once you get it, the mortality rate is 90%.  
Bright-side, people won’t get sick from me, however, I could get sick from others.So far I am in the lucky 10%!!

The doctors had been watching me closely, so when I showed the signs I was given some treatments. They had this big costly sounding name for it.  You are put in this plastic bubble tent, while the nurses where semi-hazmat gear. . I called it “Fumigation for bubble girl”-which made all the nurses laugh and say “never thought of it that way.” For nearly an hour, they fill the bubble with a concoction (like a nebulizer but not) anyways it’s nasty tasting air (bet you didn’t know air could TASTE bad).
Lego Nurse - Close Enough ;D So you are enclosed in a bubble with a nurse who is wearing semi-hazmat gear who is taking notes for nearly an hour. I made it fun, I turned on either Jeopardy or some similar game show and competed against the nurse. I told him “I bet you've never been paid to play trivia games before!” He responded “Nope, but I've paid to take examines, quizzes, and pop tests.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi