Monday, September 2, 2013

Park Adventures Summer 2013

Heidi Anne loves to be outside, doing anything and everything. We don't have much of a yard (it's like 10 feet by 10 feet). Luckily for us, there are lots of parks around here. I take her to a park nearly every day. I like to do a park rotation, that way she doesn't get board of going to the same park over and over. It's fun because she never really knows which park we'll go to. We do have a few favorites though.
Heidi Anne and James playing in the "Yard" 
The Splash Pads
I'm not sure how, but this little valley has 2 splash pad parks. They may not be big but they do the job.There is only one public pool here and it gets crowed very quickly. I love the splash pads because I can stay in the shade nice and dry while she gets as wet as she wants. Plus they're free - can't beat that price. ;D
Heidi And Gabby at North Logan
Snacking at the North Logan Pad



Providence Splash Pad - Heidi Anne's Party 
URBAN TRAILS!!
There are many "Urban Trails" here in the valley. There is the Logan River Walk trail with little fun facts about the solar system. There is a Riverwoods trail as well. A few other ones sprinkled all around the valley. They are great for adventures! Bonus, these "trails" are Me approved. 
Logan River Walk Trail

Parks!!
There are sooo many parks here in Logan. I tried at least once or twice a week to take her to a park or field to get those wiggles out. She loves her Park Day Adventures. Here are just some pictures from those fun parks. I liked to mix it up so she wouldn't get board. I would let her run wild while I hid in the shade. I call it "Free Range Parenting". These are just a few pictures from all of those fun times. 


Out In the Wild!

Logan is right by Logan Canyon. Surprise!! Anyways, there are lots of easy (and VERY VERY HARD) trails that you can explore. We stick with First Dam and feed the ducks or the Stokes Nature Center with all their fun hands on activities they have. And the trails are me approved as well. Heidi Anne loves being about to run and explore ahead of me, and I love the fact the cell reception is great and a ranger is nearby. 

Camping!!
YES-Camping. First time ever. More info to come but Heidi Anne had a blast to say the least. The camping trip has been over shadowed by the fact that I shouldn't have even gone to start with and ended up in the ICU the day after we got home. So it was fun - just bad timing
Playing Blocks with the Firewood
Chillin' In the Tent
Camping! How She LOVED Camping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi