Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Paging Doctor House...


If anyone knows how I can get in contact with a real life Doctor House, that would be wonderful. I will put up with his or hers terrible bedside manner. 

I thought I would give ya guys a quick update on me.

Monday-I was really stiff and unable to move, so I thought it was just a flare.

Tuesday-I couldn't talk and my whole right side stopped working. Char took me to the ER. Something was up with my breathing, I would start to fall asleep and alarms would go off. My heart rate and oxygen levels went to 7 beats and 70% for oxygen. They did an MRI and showed no signs of Stroke. Which they were really worried about. To be honest "stroke" didn't even cross my mind.

They gave me prednisone (in case it's autoimmune reaction) and and strong antibiotics (in case that caused it). They won't get the lab work until at least tomorrow, so they wanted to cover their bases by giving me both meds. They aren't sure what was up with the breathing thing. One idea they had was that my body is just super tried, so everything is just having a hard time moving.

Today-I can talk now and move more then yesterday. But still very, very, stiff and sleepy. I have a Doc appt on Friday.

We'll just have to wait until the labs and the doc appointment but the good news is I am at least improving. 

1 comment:

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi