Saturday, December 15, 2012

Momma Goal # 666 - End of the World Resoultions

I wanted to send a HUGE thanks to my Aunt Deb-she sent us 20 beanie babies, this made the grand total 35 beanie babies and 5 teddy bears-So 40 gifts for our soldiers to pay it forward. 

Well, since it's almost the end of the world-I thought I would go ahead and make some resolutions.  I guess these would be called "Apocalypse Resolutions" instead of "New Year Resolutions? Right now the main one I can think of is wanting to be more like my sister Rebekah, and my  friends; Valerie, Cori, and Stacy.


Rebekah is great Mom to Kayla and Rykken. I'm not sure how she does it, but she has the 2 sweetest kids I know. She's a working mom, but she still takes the time to play board games with her kids, limits what they watch or play on the computer, does kid crafts with them, does real Esty standard crafts, and did I mention a working mom? She's the peacemaker and point of contact in my family. She knows what's going on with everyone at all times. She's a very forgiving person as well. Like all families there  have been hurt feelings, but she forgives. 

I want to be more like Rebekah and work on becoming a more forgiving person. 


Valerie is an awesome mom-with twin girls and a little boy she is easily outnumbered. But you can tell she loves her life. I once heard "The more you write down [in a journal  blog, diary, smoke signal] more things will happen around you". I have no idea where I heard it, but I did. 
Her blog is proof positive of this. What she writes is funny, honest, heartfelt, and has adventures galore. One of my favorite posts she does is when she shares her timeline of the whole day. If anyone is a stay at home mom or dad-you should do the same. Just reading about Valerie's day makes me exhausted-so print a copy of hers or better yet make your own, so if someone ever tells you how easy you have it being the stay at home parent-you can prove them wrong.
This blog started because I wanted to keep all my family and friends posted about what my new little bundle of joy was up to. Over the years it's really Heidi Anne's journal-something to read about as she gets older. She already loves to have me read to her old posts. 

Anyways-I want to be more like Valerie by being more proactive with my entries. I want to write at least 2 posts a week. (Even if it's just telling Heidi Anne what we did for 24 hours on a random day).


Cori is just awesome. She is fun to be around, she loves to write, read, be with her little boy, and smart. She is great to talk to, she calls a spade a spade. She always ready and willing to try things outside of her comfort zone with such ease (then again-it may not be as easy as she makes it look). Some great examples is her ability to try so many different foods-Indian food (the ones from India), Thai, Chuck-A-Rama, ect. Another example is the verity of books she reads or the ability to just go out there testing out different opportunities. 

I want to be more like Cori and keep going down the road less traveled-well in her case, creating the trail that will create a road less traveled. Keep pushing myself to get out of my little bubble-within reason. 


Stacy is the most patient, kind, caring, detailed person I know. Honestly, she is the MOST patient and understanding person I know. Our work can be extremely stressful at times but she doesn't take out her frustrations on other people. She lives on the other side of the country but she has such a close relationship with her family and friends you almost forget she's not down the road. She is a great friend, she is always there for everyone, either by giving emotional support or being there in person, and truly cares for people.  She's also a good cook and a very crafty (as in Pinterest crafty not villain crafty) person.  

I want to be more like Stacy and keep in better touch with family and friends.We live a few hours away, so I can't be there in person for a lot of events, but I can be there with more emotional support or utilizing skype, test, facebook, ect. I think I focus so much on the day to day-that it's 10 days before I've even talked with my sister. 

So those are my goals-Your Move, Mayan Calendar 


1 comment:

  1. Oh thank you so much for this. I'm catching up on blogs. I so needed to read this about myself today. You are such a good friend.

    ReplyDelete

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi