Saturday, August 18, 2012

Wildflowers and Slushies

Stella Lily
Lately Heidi Anne and I have been doing wildflower adventures, where we walk around the neighborhood or vacant lots, find, and pick wildflowers. We bring them home to identify them then we preserve them using our flower press. Last Saturday Char had to work so I thought it would be fun to finish our wildflower adventure with a surprise-her very first Slushy.

After our successful hunt of the elusive Common Sunflower and Stella Lilies. We went to 7/11 celebrate our triumph. The employees looked at use like we were from Mars. A little girl in a stroller, loaded with flowers, having the following actual conversation.

Me: Heidi Anne, would you like a Slurpee?
Her: What’s a Slurppy?
Me: It’s like a melted popcicle.
Her: What’s a popsicle?
            (Insert very puzzled looks from customers and employees)
Me: It’s an otterpop on a stick.
Her: Okay, I want a Popsicle.
Me: How about a Slurpee?
Her: Yeah! That sounds fun!!!

We find the Slurpee machines, trying to figure out how to operate the thing, where the cups are, which flavor would be the best. I got a Coke and she got banana. As we headed to checkout Heidi Anne said "I'm getting hungry." I figured since she already had a Slurpee for a snack why not go for broke? We both saw those rolling hot dogs at the same time and we both wanted one! However, I couldn't eat it-but at least she could. As soon as we paid I told her to go for it. We were still in the store when she took her first bite and first sip. After which  exclaimed "This is the BEST hot dog I ever had!! Oh, the Banana  Slurpee  is so yummy! No-this hot dog is Yummier!" Somewhere along the way she got me to trade my Coke  Slurpee  for her Banana. 

That is how Heidi Anne got her very first slurpee , gas station hot dog, had any Coke, and hoodwinked her Momma to trade slurpee . Honestly, the Coke was so great, I  am still wondering how she did it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi