Tuesday, August 28, 2012

To Big Too Fast

Today was Heidi Anne's first day of Pre-K and her first day of Ballet without me in the classroom with her. As I sat outside the classroom - to make sure she wouldn't be upset about being alone - I thought about my little girl last summer. The baby girl that yelled "THANK-YOU STARS!!" on the Fourth of July last year was counting the number of booms with each Firework this year. 
The little girl who needed Momma's hand as she toddled around now helps other babies walk. Amazing what happens in less then 52 weeks. Now I look at my girl who fell asleep while cuddling her Daddy on the sofa and wonder if this too, will be a thing of the past sooner then I want.
One thing that comforts me is how happy, sweet, kind, loving, silly, and charming she is. So while she's growing up too quickly for my liking, at least it's slow enough for us to teach her about the important things in this life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi