Sunday, February 6, 2011

That's A Spring Roll Wrap

Rewind to last week, my friend at work organized a potluck for Spring Rolls. It was lots of fun, really easy to make, and tasted really good. See my pretty spring roll?

Fast forward today. Spring Rolls sounded really good for some reason, and lucky for me, we pretty much had everything you could need;
Rice Noodles-Check
Nuts-Check
Romain Lettuce-(Well there is that bag of salad greens)-So Check
Cucumber-Nope (But hey, you only use a little anyways, so I don't really need it)-Moving Forward
Shrimp-(Those little frozen ones-you can get a huge bag for like $5 at Walmart)-Check
Spring Roll Sauce-(Well there is some teryiki sauce-not as good as the stuff Lisa made, oh well)-Check
Rice Paper-(No Go...Ooopppss--But wait...We do have some flat bread)-Check??

As you can tell-we were improvising here. I must say Char came up with a great idea to use sandwich wrap bread to replace the rice paper. What do you know, it worked! It made a great sandwich wrap, I think it's our new favorite sandwich. Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi