Monday, February 7, 2011

Momma's Goal # 430

Do not suffer from Grass is Greener Syndrome and realize that green for 1 person is blue to another. A few days ago I posted on facebook and I quote myself:

" Why must all my favorite friends & coworkers move or have real lives?? **Cough, Cough, Lisa-Melissa-and on,** Thank goodness for Facebook ^o^"

It has been a fairly rough start to the New Year. Heidi Anne has been sick for most of it, I got bronchitis which turned into phenomia, and she's gotten her surgery to take out her adenoids and put in new tubes in her ears. We've been to the Instacare 3 times, and I was nearly hospitalized. We gave Hunter to a different family-sad for us, but better for him, he just wasn't getting all the attention he deserved. He is now one of those spoiled dogs in a little sweater with a retired couple-I cried out of happiness that we found him such a good family, I kept saying he won the puppy lotto.


Well, on top of all that, it just seems like so many of my friends and family are moving on or leaving for greener pastures. Some by their own choosing, handwork, well deserved breaks, or some are just having a hard year as myself (if not harder) and have no choice. Anyhow, there are just those moments where I feel like the slowpoke wanting to say "Wait Up Guys!! Wait for me!!"  I would LOVE to go on a planned vacation, like Disney (like my sister did with her family this week, or my other friend will later this month), or to Vegas, or just other fun trips.  



But right now we have medical bills to pay, so I will just live vicariously though my friends vacations-and keep enjoying the little things here, like the park, or national forests, or Baby Animal days. This summer we plan on taking our first camping trip--Oh that will be an adventure and a half. So I will love your vacation details. :)


It just seems like so many people I know and have worked with for so long are leaving, heck sometimes even just moving desks at work. But that is just because their goals and dreams are different, (the downside of living in a college town). We fell in love with this area and stayed, however, for most people this is a temporary home-and so they go. I think I have slowly come to realize that other peoples' roads lead them to different places, and I should be grateful that we shared the lane for a bit. So while the grass is green for me-it is mostly aqua for others, green enough for now-but soon it will change. 


Thank heavens for Facebook and blogs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi