Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cough Cough

Soo Heidi Anne and I have been tag teaming with being sick these last two weeks. She lost her ear tubes over Thanksgiving weekend. She has had 3 ear infections since then. All last week she was miserable with a cough and a double ear infection. Luckily, the Doctor says that we can put new tubes in on Feb 4th and take out her adenoids (which can cause lots of sinus infections and allergies). We can't take out her tonsils, since she wouldn't know not to talk for a few weeks. However, the adenoids are just on top of the tonsils and should help with her sore throat as well.
Which in turn should help me. So I was tending to my sick little Heidi Anne, who shared her cough with me. So my cough turned into the worst cough the Doctor had ever heard. It was so bad, he tested me for Whopping Cough. Why? Because he had never heard Whopping Cough, but he had never heard of such a nasty cough as mine-therefore I either had the worst bronchitis he had ever heard, or it was Whopping Cough. Thank heavens the CDC also tested me-after waiting 3 days the test came back negative. So just the worst sounding cough ever. (Or my Dr needs to get out more.....)
So now we wait, wait for this lovely cough to subside, for the antibiotics to kick in, and for Heidi Anne to get her tubes so we don't have to deal with this again. I miss her tubes! I love medical science. Tons better then-Let's say you have Whopping Cough-Because I've never heard it before.....
Great Doctor, don't get me wrong. Just very grateful for modern technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi